Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweetness is ...

A 4-year old 'coordinating' a cancer walk!


"Let's go on a cancer walk!" said our daughter last night, as we prepared for our nightly walk around the neighborhood. ('Cancer Walks' are what we call the walks we do each year to raise money to find a cure for breast cancer.) She urged us all to wear our matching pink American Cancer Society t-shirts ... and, we obliged. With urgency, she then ran to get her 'Cancer Walk' bear, so he came along too!

And ....

An 8-year old hoping that the Chocolate Mint plant in our back yard will yield ... what else ... chocolate mints!


"Has that plant got any chocolate mints on it yet?" asked our son. I had to double-check that he wasn't pulling my leg ... but, he was nothing but serious. And, very disappointed when I told him that, unfortunately, it didn't grow chocolate mint candies. I must admit ... that would be cool!

Some trivia ... did you know that mint plants have square stems,
rather than the typical round stem that most plants have?

9 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Awww, too precious for words! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Kelly! :-)

Lady Fi said...

Oh, I just love the kind and funny things that children say and do.

Suzanne Casamento said...

Too cute! Your little ones sound adorable.

And no, I did not know about the square stems. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, that IS precious! Love the chocolate mints...but especially the giving heart behind the Cancer Walk.

Kelly Polark said...

So very sweet!
And I would love a plant that grew chocolate mints!!

Unspoken said...

If only my chocolate grew ona tree near me, Choco mint, better yet :).

Joanna Jenkins said...

Your 4 year old has a sweet heart. And anyone with chocolate anything is a friend of mine :-)

Have a great week,
jj

Nora MacFarlane said...

I've got a money plant. Here's hoping...

Hilary said...

Aww what great kidlets. :)